Fire Restoration 101: Safety First
After your fire has been put out you may be left with the question, “What should I do next?” SERVPRO of Ozaukee County can help. We will walk you through your next steps. Safety is our number one concern until help arrives, so here are some basic do’s and don'ts:
- Hire a reputable, insured company to board up your home or business to secure it from the elements, animals, and vandals.
- Limit the movement of damaged areas
- Keep your hands clean . Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- Do Not touch contaminated surfaces
- Do Not attempt to clean walls, carpet, contents, or other contaminated surfaces
- Do Not use food, cosmetics or mediations exposed to soot.
- Do Not send clothing to ordinary cleaner; improper cleaning may set odors
No one wants to experience a fire in their home or business. If you experience this and need help, please give us a call at 262-242-8888. SERVPRO of Ozaukee County has the expertise and experience to assist you in the cleanup and restoration of your property. We are here to help 24/7 with the board up and securing your property.