If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (262) 242-8888

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration


7/2/2021 (Permalink)

SERVPRO of Ozaukee County can help you move damaged items out of the water. We specialize in drying out basements.  Sometimes, we can find unaffected places in other parts of the basement to dry items, sometimes we need to put them in the garage or move them to a storage facility.  In any event, we want to dry them as fast as possible to avoid getting mold.  After 48 hours, they may need to be discarded in order to avoid mold.  The best advice is to inspect things carefully after the 48-hour period, and decide if they can be saved or if they need to be discarded.

Don’t ever try to save wet cardboard boxes, because even though they may dry out, they are highly susceptible to bacterial growth. However, you can salvage the contents of the boxes and put the contents into plastic containers or new cardboard boxes to be safe.

Most people aren’t able to remove carpeting on their own.  If you need help doing this, call SERVPRO of Ozaukee County 262-242-8888.  We can take out your carpet and pad to ensure that the floor underneath is not ruined.  We can dry the subfloor and make it ready for new flooring.  If you leave the wet carpet and pad on the floor while too long, you stand the chance that mold may develop. 

Depending on the relative humidity, (inside and outside) you may be able to open the windows to help with the drying.  Just make sure that the humidity outside is lower than the humidity inside!!!

When the basement is dry, SERVPRO of Ozaukee County will wash and sanitize the floors to remove any dirt.  Any walls that were damaged will be removed to aid in the drying process. When we have met drying goals, we will use an anti-microbial spray to retard mold growth. 

As in all disasters, if you have insurance, call your home insurance company and report the flood. Confirm your coverage limits, deductible amount, and claim procedures.

Other News

View Recent Posts