Tips to Stay Safe during a Storm
Here are tips to stay safe during a storm:
• Find safe shelter right away.
• Do not walk, swim or drive through flood waters. Turn Around, Don’t Drown!
• Remember, just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
• Stay off bridges over fast-moving water.
• Evacuate if told to do so.
• Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
• Stay where you are.
• Pay attention to authorities for information and instructions.
• Return home only when authorities say it is safe.
• Avoid driving except in emergencies.
• Wear heavy work gloves, protective clothing and boots during clean up and use appropriate face coverings or masks if cleaning mold or other debris.
• People with asthma and other lung conditions and/or immune suppression should not enter buildings with indoor water leaks or mold growth that can be seen or smelled. Children should not take part in disaster cleanup work.