Mold Infestation in Mequon
This Mequon family discovered extensive microbial growth in their home, thanks to a water loss that went undetected for several months. Believe it or not, mold problems like this can be mitigated with the right expertise and equipment. SERVPRO of Ozaukee County has trained technicians that were able to remove the mold growth and the stain, and then restore the space to preloss conditions. The family was very grateful that we were able to recover their home and protect them from any potential health effects.
The Mold Remediation Process:
Every mold infestation is different, from the extent and type of growth, to the variety of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. When you discover mold, call us at 262-242-8888 and we will go through our standard mold remediation process:
* Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
* Mold Containment
* Air Filtration
* Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
* Cleaning Contents and Belongings
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today at 262-242-8888
Does Your Ozaukee County Home Have a Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –SERVPRO of Ozaukee County 262-242-8888.